Sign-up for Saturday's April 10 meet is open through a Google form here. Sign-up closes Wednesday, April 7 at 6 pm.
Don't forget your running logs--here is a template:
Measured distances around town:
Center School: 100m, 200m, 400m
Lawrence Drive (starting at intersection with Blueberry Hill Road): 100m, 200m, 400m
Westmoreland Ave-->Farmington Ave (along Longmeadow Street sidewalk): 400m
*Gold medal standard
Our Saturday morning 2K races this year will be different this year:
1. We will have two races to keep our gatherings to less than 50. The first race will be the elementary runners at 8:30 and the middle school runners at 9:00 am. We will begin promptly at 8:30.
2. One parent/spectator per child allowed and parents/spectators must maintain 6 feet distance or wear masks. Spectators cannot be with their children at the start.
3. The races will start in the corner of Bliss Park that leads to the trails in the woods. The finish will be near the Laurel Street parking lot.
4. The races will be run in waves with 3 minute intervals. For elementary, it will go: 5th grade, then 4th grade, then 2nd/3rd grade. For middle school, it will go 8th grade, then 7th grade, then 6th grade.
5. If middle school runners arrive before the elementary school race is done, please stay in your cars.
6. Only athletes registered with the program can run.
7. Athletes must wear their mask prior to the race and after. Same rule as in practice: mask must be on unless actively running.
8. Runners must maintain 6 feet distance while passing.
9. After the race is over please head out and we will announce results on the website later on Saturday or Sunday.